HomeAboutTwitterContact

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dear Photograph│Tumblr phenomenon

Dear Photograph, I miss that playground │ fan submission







I recently learned about the Tumblr photo phenomenon, Dear Photograph. The instructions are to "take a picture of a picture from the past in the present". Confused? You shouldn't be, just observe the picture above. Fascinated, yes I understand. The best thing about this new Tumblr project is the photographer doesn't need a fancy SLR camera. Just an old photo and the location the previous photo was taken. Each photo is captioned with a message beginning with Dear Photograph. The concept is pretty simple and it makes it much easier if you still live in the same area.

Dear Photograph, that's love │ fan submission








This is definitely something I want to try. I've already started rummaging through my album filled with an enormous amount of childhood photos. My biggest issue will probably be choosing the photo(s) I want to use. I'll dub this my summer project. 


The idea of it is charming and it's a great way to reminisce on the good ol days. Since graduating from high school a month ago, I've been feeling sentimental about my childhood memories and seeing my younger siblings living their childhoods. This will be an awesome way for me to relive them for just a moment.  When I get done I will certainly have to frame these in my dorm room. 


Connect with Dear Photograph via TumblrTwitterFacebook 


Dear Photograph, Chinatown use to be livelier │ fan submission




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...